Saturday, September 12, 2009

Getting ready

Thanks for checking out my blog! It's a chance to document my adventure to Antarctica. I'll be working for 5 months as the physical therapist at McMurdo Station with a chance to do some excursions away from home base if time and weather allow. I'll be there for the Antarctic summer 2009-2010.

I made the rounds in the last few weeks to see as many of my wonderful friends as I could. Between the physical therapy world, biathlon, climbing, ultimate frisbee and my friends from Ellensburg there were a lot of people to see. Thanks to you all for your well wishes. The map shows where I'll be spending most of my time. McMurdo Station will be my home and side trips to the South Pole Station are planned if the weather abides.




The plan is for 2 days of orientation in Denver (and a chance to say bye to my sis), 2 days in New Zealand to get my ECW gear (Extreme Cold Weather) and then off to the ice. It's amazing how much time you can eat up with logistics without any real packing getting done!


No comments:

Post a Comment