Monday, September 21, 2009

Passport...check, money...check, glacier goggles...check

There is nothing to strengthen you for a new challenge than seeing old friends. I really feel lucky to be friends with so many interesting people.
Just as I was feeling a little daunted by actually going to Antarctica I got my quote of the day that I get each morning on my computer. It said "It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before...to test your limits...to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Okay, point taken.
But I do feel oddly like I did right before I started my freshman year in college and was about to meet my roommate for the first time. Dorms again. Yes, but this time they'll be elevated 6 feet off the ground.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you were successful in getting this up and running. Looks good! We'll be checking it daily for new postings so you better not disappoint...

    Have a wonderful time and enjoy your adventure.

    -Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited to hear about your journey while you're there!

    ReplyDelete